Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Ejovi sueing the Japanese Govt for Censorship

From: Ejovi Nuwere <ejovin () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:56:11 -0500

Hi,

Some background.

My work for was Nagano Prefecture not Soumushou which is the national
government. Nagano hired me to test their deployment of Juki. The
purpose was to verify that the network was safe for its residents to
use. I've never done any work with Soumushou.

The results of my test lead Nagano to believe that the network was not
safe for use, though they suspected it before my test. I have an NDA
with Nagano that prevents me from discussing technical details of
their network environment. However my report was made public by Nagano
and was distributed widely to the media with my name omitted.

In comes PacSec. Nagano had no objections to me discussing the results
that were made public and identifying myself. The majority of my
presentation was suggestions on how the network in general could be
improved and a inside look into the difficulties in performing the
test. Its not every penetration test where you have switch cars and
check into hotels under false names to avoid the media.

Soumushou, Nagano, the Japanese auditors I performed the test with and
a group of lawyers were given the contents of my presentation one
month before the conference. The issue is, one hour before my
presentation Soumushou told the Japanese organizers (who are
government contractors) to cancel my event because they didnt want me
talk about Juki. And herein lies the problem.

My website is down now but the facts of the events that have occured
are all available online. Hope this helps to clarify things.

You can see the slides that Soumushou did not want me to present and
decide for yourself how deadly they were:

http://www.monkey.org/~joewee/Juki.ppt
http://www.monkey.org/~joewee/Juki_JPN.ppt