Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: XP SP2 - "Exploit writers need to stop being such a pussy"

From: "Halvar Flake" <HalVar () gmx de>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 19:54:54 +0200 (MEST)

Hey All,

They added a bunch of server-ish features to XPSP2, like being able to
host HTTP.SYS in an app so you won't need to run IIS to host web
services. A lot of it is prep work for .NET 2.0 features especially on
the Indigo side, if I understand correctly. You should notice that XP
Home with SP2 now has HTTP.SYS, though I haven't verified this myself.

Thanks :-)
Any MS people on the list that can say that HTTP.SYS has undergone
formal verification ? ;)

While we're at the topic: Which other OS's have HTTP.SYS besides Win2k3 ?

Cheers,
Halvar