Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: RE: Network Exploitation Tools aka ExploitationEngines

From: "Kurt Seifried" <listuser () seifried org>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 23:10:32 -0600

While I don't like software patents, I also don't like the fact that companies have to play these games (defensive patents, etc.) so it's a tough call (do you take the high road, only to have a competitor patent something you invented or otherwise obvious, or do you take the practical road and patent everything you can?). Remember, patents don't kill ideas, patent enforcement and insane licensing kills ideas (I think you get where this crap analogy of sorts was going). Plus after seeing the economic situation in Argentina first hand I can't much blame them for patenting stuff and trying to make a few bucks off of us gringos (assuming that is their intent).

Kurt Seifried, kurt () seifried org
A15B BEE5 B391 B9AD B0EF
AEB0 AD63 0B4E AD56 E574
http://seifried.org/security/