Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Pentesters getting owned?

From: jan.muenther () nruns com
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 10:14:11 +0200

Heh - in that case it's time to retire to that croft on some distant island
;-)

Hm, dunno about you, but I often feel like doing so after completely owning
the hell out of a client's network again - gives you the feeling of doing it
all in vain...

First hand, not aware of any consultants laptop getting 0wned but several
times I have been on the receiving end of some fairly heavy scanning from
the admins during internal tests, so they were certainly having a go...

Hahaha, they do it *ALL THE TIME*! Especially when you've taken over some
"admin stations" with their ssh keys and the like, appears to evoke some
kind of eye-for-an-eye spirit :)

Cheers, good to know you're on this list btw, hope you're doing fine.

J.