Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Anonymized posting

From: Dave Aitel <dave () immunitysec com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 15:39:37 -0400

They link to this post on packetstorm, and I'm just guessing the last
line is what the poster was referring to with the 2-years comment.

- -dave
http://www.packetstormsecurity.org/0405-exploits/cvs_linux_freebsd_HEAP.c

Date: 20 May 2004 01:19:15 -0000
From: anonymous
Subject: Declaring Open Season on Open Source

Hi, consider this an iALERT

Today a nice vulnerability in the CVS was published, this sucks.
Here are some exploits for that vulnerability.
They will exploit any Linux / FreeBSD / Solaris box running CVS.
(The Solaris one is very slow, your bitching, I'd like to see you
write it.)

We already owned everyone and everything with these exploits years
ago, and in fact we've all had them sitting on the shelf gathering dust due to lack of
new targets.

FUN TESTBED IDEAS:
cvs.apache.org
cvs.perl.com
cvshome.org <-- PLAY "FIND THE SUCKIT"
anoncvs.freebsd.org <-- ls -al /tmp to see how many people who can't
hack own
+this already
cvs.kernel.org
*.gnu.org
*.debian.org
www.openbsd.org <-- TRIPPLE HEAP SOLARIS OWNAGE - THEO IS TOAST

HOW TO FIND VICTIMS:
google for "[anon/cvs/anonymous/etc] pserver"

.gov and .mil cvs trees are fun

I wonder how long it'll take everyone to remove all the SUCKits

Prizes may be given for the most imaginative defacement / trojaning.

Finally a big thank-you to Steffen Esser of Team TESO Security for
being such an
+amazing whitehat and providing the public with such great Security
Product.

- - The Axis of Eliteness - WARNING - THE AXIS HAZ ACCESS
"Move over saddam, cos you're not as leet as I am"
/* Linux / FreeBSD CVS exploit - January 2001 */