Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: ASN.1 Vulnerability Could Allow Code Execution (828028); Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-007

From: Nicob <nicob () nicob net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 18:31:12 +0100

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 18:15, Dave Aitel wrote:
I'd be certain that all the internal MS mailing lists on security
(and access to bugcheck, etc) leak all over the place.

And that's probably the same thing for the US-CERT and the
"Vulnerabilities Cartel" created by ISS, Foundstone, @stake, ...

So, from this page [1], we can deduce that there's numerous guys (at
least one hundred ?) knowing about 2 HIGH severity vulns in MS products
for half a year.

"It's time to end information anarchy" [2] ;-)

[1] : http://www.eeye.com/html/Research/Upcoming/index.html
[2] : http://www.attrition.org/security/rant/z/ms-sock.jpg

Regards,
--