Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Cryptome: NSA has real-time access to Hushmail servers

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 16:33:42 -0500

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 14:02:18 +0200, Juha-Matti Laurio said:
Guardster Team has posted its response on 21st Dec to Cryptome:

"We can assure you that we do not cooperate with the NSA or any other
government agency anywhere in the world. We invite whomever is making this
statement to provide proof, rather than making a baseless accusation.

Note that if they had been served with an NSL (National Security Letter),
they may be legally *required* to lie about it while cooperating.  Actually
truthfully saying "Yeah, an NSL showed up and we complied" could land them
in jail....