Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: sqwebmail web login

From: Antonio Messina <messina () retiesistemi it>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 09:55:10 +0100

platform:
linux 2.4 i386
pachages: qmail+sqwebmail+qmailadmin+vpopmail-vchkpw-auth.

NOT with FreeBSD 4.5, kernel GENERIC, sqwebmail 3.3.3, vpopmail 5.2

However, I think it's due to a misconfiguration. Root mailbox does NOT
exist in default qmail installation: it's just an alias, not a real
valid user.

Mail for root is usually handled by the "alias" pseudo-user.

And with vpopmail you must create such user by hand (or via qmailadmin).

I think this should be a good method for guessing root password, in fact
failure logging in on the sqewebmail are not logged (generally!).

Failures are logged by vpopmail. Check your configuration.

Regards,
Marco Marabelli

ciao