Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: OpenSSH rebuild warning: problems avoiding zlib problems in Solaris

From: Lisa Bogar <lbogar () gemini oscs montana edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:51:48 -0700 (MST)

By the way ... Sun will NOT be producing a patch for zlib.  Its Freeware
so they don't patch those.  I checked with Sun when the zlib problem
surfaced earlier this week.  You should not count on overriding the old
version of zlib, but instead uninstall and then reinstall the new pkg.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Lisa