Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerability in Novell Netware

From: "Thomas M. Payerle" <payerle () PHYSICS UMD EDU>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 15:21:56 -0500

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, hhoogend wrote:

Tested here on a netware 4.11 sp 8a network and yes you can login and got
all inherited container rights. I think it
works only on quebased printing systems and not on NDPS printing systems.

Verified it on 5.1.  Also, we noticed that print servers created via HP's
JetAdmin utility do not have a blank password by default.  I am not sure
what the default password is ( and have little doubt that it can be "guessed"
with some basic knowledge of the printer in question), but am sharing this as
it contributed to some confusion when trying to verify the vulnerability here.

Tom Payerle
Dept of Physics                         payerle () physics umd edu
University of Maryland                  (301) 405-6973
College Park, MD 20742-4111             Fax: (301) 314-9525