Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: bug w2k

From: "CJ Oakwood" <cj_oakwood () yahoo com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 21:02:25 -0700

STOP, Fatal Error blue screen that appeared briefly

That is your BSOD.  This is a Kernel Mode Break.  Please send me the
*.dmp file, and I will try and see what happened, and what driver was
effected.
(If the file is massive, please share it out on a website/ftp Server,
and I'll download it that way.

Another way to catch this to run NTSD on cmd.exe or attach a Kernel
Debugger to the system.  If this is really a KD break, you will catch
it and be able to debug it in real time.  (Same with ntsd if it is a
user break).

CJ