Bugtraq mailing list archives

permission probs with Arkeia

From: Daniel Wittenberg <daniel-wittenberg () uiowa edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 13:16:15 -0500

While working with the commercial version of Arkeia backup software I
noticed it creates most of it's "database" files with the permissions of
666.  This was version 4.2.8-2 of the server, and I had noticed this several
updates ago, so it's been going on for some time.  The database files are
located in /usr/knox/arkeia/dbase.  I have tried resetting the permissions
on the files, but they get reset again when backup runs again.  I tried
contacting Knox Software but was told more than once that basically I don't
have a support contract so they wouldn't talk to me - they were warned.  I
wasn't able to find anything about this in their documentation.

Dan

Daniel Wittenberg
System Administrator
University of Iowa