Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: poprelayd and sendmail relay authentication problem (Cobalt Raq3)

From: "Christopher X. Candreva" <chris () westnet com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 16:04:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Ram'on Reyes Carri'on wrote:

A quick workaround that I have just applied is to make sure that the
string does not contain /sendmail/ so it cannot be injected into syslog
via sendmail (may be injected some other way!).

Another workaround is to simply have your POP/IMAP daemons log to their own
facility (ie -- one of the locals). We've done this for years anyway, as it
makes using the logs to find problems much easier.

Chris Candreva  -- chris () westnet com -- (914) 967-7816
http://www.westnet.com/