Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: poprelayd and sendmail relay authentication problem (Cobalt Raq3)

From: "Ram'on Reyes Carri'on" <ramon () cimat mx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 09:54:01 -0500 (CDT)

Hi!

Yes it is true! It works, with a small change in the example to match the
string in my script (I had to customize it initially).

A quick workaround that I have just applied is to make sure that the
string does not contain /sendmail/ so it cannot be injected into syslog
via sendmail (may be injected some other way!).

Hope this helps while, a better solution is suggested.

Regards,
Ramon.