Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Veritas BackupExec (remote DoS)

From: Jonah Kowall <jkowall () PSTEERING COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:57:40 -0500

Doesn't the agent only work on backup exec enterprise editions?  That's what
I'm using it with.  If you tell them you are using the enterprise edition,
maybe you can get a different response?  Tell them you are evaluating it if
need be.

I have connected to it, and disconnected, and I didn't see it stop
responding.  I have also opened 3 separate connections, and found it took
all three simultaneously.

Backup Exec -- Unix Agent, Version 5.01 Revision 5.023
Copyright 1999 VERITAS Software Corporation.  All Rights Reserved.

This is the version of the Linux agent I am running on redhat 6.2.