Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: a few bugs ...

From: Coke () TIG COM AU (Coke)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 12:48:32 +1100

Michal Zalewski wrote:

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Maurycy Prodeus wrote:

1. In "Lotus Notes POP 1.0X" on NT platform. I'm not really sure ...
if you send a very long username ( about 2kb ) it disconnects without
any message. So it looks like classic buffer overflow :) I don't have
enough time to check it ( to download this packet :) )

Have you noticed GPF popup or BSOD on this Windows box? Anyone may confirm
this?

Just a little note:  alot of windows server programs i've come accross
use their own error handlers, and mostly just silently re-init and keep
going when an overflow occurs, eg: warftpd 1.65, so just waiting for a
gpf popup or BSOD would miss quite a few.