Bugtraq mailing list archives

DoS with NAVIEG

From: pvandyke () KIB CO KODIAK AK US (PAUL VanDyke)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 08:59:00 -0900

When running a Nessus security scan I've discovered that Norton AntiVirus for Internet Email Gateways for Windows NT
will crash with an unusually long URL on it's webserver.  This service is a SMTP agent used to screen email attachments
for viruses.  It seems like a great idea, but it uses an embedded webserver to configure the product after install.
During the Nessus scan, it has crashed every time rendering the service unavailable with a Doctor Watson screen.

I have not contacted the vendor on this issue.

Paul VanDyke
Network Administrator
Kodiak Island Borough