Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerabilities in Norton Antivirus for Exchange

From: mprosser () SYMANTEC COM (Prosser, Mike)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 08:31:49 -0500

Jim,
I prodded the NAVMSE product team on this issue a bit.  They have been
working hard reproducing the problems and coding fixes.  Apologize for the
delayed response.

Mike Prosser
Research Manager
Enterprise Solutions Division
Symantec Corp.

"NAV 2.1 for Microsoft Exchange

We believe that both of the issues listed below are fixed in NAVMSE 2.1.  It
was difficult to reproduce the issue on "Fail-Open" so we are doing
additional code walk throughs as a precaution.
The actual scanning is now handled by separate processes that can be
monitored for problems.  They can be shutdown and restarted when a problem
occurs.  Files that cause scan problems are considered suspect and are moved
to the quarantine."