Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: cache cookies?

From: Dan Harkless <dan-bugtraq () DILVISH SPEED NET>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 16:37:37 -0800

Thomas Reinke <reinke () E-SOFTINC COM> writes:
Actually, it *does* work.  We have on our site a
working demonstration of the exploit, showing whether or not
you've visited one or more of more than 80 different well known
sites.  The URL is

   http://www.securityspace.com/exploit/exploit_2a.html

Using default cache settings and with JavaScript enabled, and without any
proxies in the picture, the exploit fails for me, saying "Cache Miss" for
all entries, even ones just visited.

This is with Netscape Communicator 4.75 (I know, still need to upgrade to
4.76 due to the fixed buffer overflows) on Windows NT 4.0 and Netscape
Navigator 3.04 on AIX 4.1.5.

It did work with Internet Explorer, though.

Dan Harkless                   | To prevent SPAM contamination, please
dan-bugtraq () dilvish speed net  | do not mention this private email
SpeedGate Communications, Inc. | address in Usenet posts.  Thank you.