Bugtraq mailing list archives

Libsafe Protecting Critical Elements of Stacks

From: pfohl () NUCALF PHYSICS FSU EDU (JEFF PFOHL)
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 18:04:46 -0400

Does anyone know anything about this?

 http://www.bell-labs.com/org/11356/html/security.html

It protects against stack-based attacks (buffer overruns, primarily),
which is the largest percentage of security holes.  Easy to setup;
easy to install.

Thanks!

--
                                JEFF PFOHL
                                E-MAIL: PFOHL () NUCALF PHYSICS FSU EDU

"My grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people:
 Those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to
 try to be in the first group; there was much less competition."

 - Indira Ghandi, the late Prime Minister of India