Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: MicroImages MIX X Server

From: strombrg () NIS ACS UCI EDU (Dan Stromberg)
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 10:21:18 -0700

Rich Lafferty wrote:

Quoting H D Moore (secureaustin () CONSULTANT COM) from Wed, Oct 06, 1999 at 12:50:28PM -0500:
The last version of MIX X Server I used did not have any authentication
to speak of (so xhost, xauth, etc).  It not only crashed when I sent
garbage to it's tcp port, but tended to randomly crash the X
applications running on them.   Just my .02 --

That must have been a while ago. Both the Windows and MacOS versions of
MI/X from 1997 have host-based authentication.

  -Rich

If so, their FAQ needs to be updated:

35.Q: Does MI/X support xauth, or is there some other means of limiting
what users can use it or what applications they can open?

         A: No.