Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: MicroImages MIX X Server

From: rich () ALCOR CONCORDIA CA (Rich Lafferty)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 22:17:29 -0400

Quoting H D Moore (secureaustin () CONSULTANT COM) from Wed, Oct 06, 1999 at 12:50:28PM -0500:
The last version of MIX X Server I used did not have any authentication
to speak of (so xhost, xauth, etc).  It not only crashed when I sent
garbage to it's tcp port, but tended to randomly crash the X
applications running on them.   Just my .02 --

That must have been a while ago. Both the Windows and MacOS versions of
MI/X from 1997 have host-based authentication.

  -Rich

--
 Sysadmin/Programmer, Information and Instructional Technology Services