Bugtraq mailing list archives

Pine: expanding env vars in URLs (seems to be fixed as of 4.21)

From: jhebert () JHEBERT CX (Jim Hebert)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 18:23:20 -0500

I reported the vulnerability below to the Pine team on Oct 21, when 4.20
was current. 4.21 (which I just noticed on freshmeat) seems to fix the
problem even though it's not mentioned in the release notes. Since it's
not, I thought some disclosure was in order. I built 4.21 in the same way
I built 4.20 (below).

Best,
Jim Hebert <jhebert () jhebert cx>