Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: IE 5.0 allows reading and sending local files to a remote

From: frohicky () TECHNOLOGIST COM (Andrew Tulloch)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 09:14:47 +0100

If you look under scripting options in security settings there is the option
"Allow paste via script" simply turning this to disabled provides this
result:

<paste>
See the contents of your file among the other stuff
----
-----------------------------7cf26c3b6a8 Content-Disposition: form-data;
name = "a"; filename="" Content-Type:
application/octet-stream -----------------------------7cf26c3b6a8--
</paste>

which as far as I see has disabled the reading of local files and is a
little less drastic than disabling all JavaScript.

Regards,

Andrew Tulloch