Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Melissa Macro Virus

From: jreavis () SECURITYPORTAL COM (Jim Reavis)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 20:20:13 -0800

The one thing I would like to add is that the virus code actually walks
through every available address list and grabs 50 recipients off of each for
a separate message, so if your Outlook client is attached to an Exchange
Server, it will hit the Global Address List and other available containers,
where it may find large distribution lists.

I will shortly have my analysis up at http://securityportal.com/

Jim Reavis
SecurityPortal.com - The focal point for security on the Net
jreavis () SecurityPortal com