Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Netscape Communicator window spoofing bug

From: guninski () HOTMAIL COM (Georgi Guninski)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 03:44:03 PST

Frames or not, this bug was discussed in some detail in the O'Reilly
book _Web Security and Commerce_ by Garfinkel and Spafford.  Since its
original publication date is June 1997, I think we can assume that this
bug has been known for almost two years.

Excuse my ignorance, but I have not read that book.
Could you please be more specific for what you mean by "some detail"?
I would appreciate a quotation and/or example from that book concerning
window spoofing.
I am surprised why nobody alerted Netscape and the internet community if
the bug has been known for almost two years.
According to Netscape this is a new bug.

Regards,
Georgi Guninski