Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: [Fwd: NOTE: Solaris 7 gotcha for some ultras]

From: casper () HOLLAND SUN COM (Casper Dik)
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 12:15:41 +0100

By my reading of http://sunsolve.Sun.COM/articles/article4.html it says:

Flash Prom Update Multimedia Answer Book CD

To enable 64-bit operation, certain UltraSPARC platforms may need a
firmware or Flash PROM upgrade, as indicated in this chart:

This is not related to the UltraSPARC-I CPU bug that makes 64 bit
operation exploitable by a user program.

I'm not sure if the firmware patches are available via the public FTP
site, though.

They don't need to: they are shipped as part of Solaris 7.

The original firmware does have some bugs that makes 64 bit interactions
with the PROM not work quite right.

Casper