Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Sun libnsl lameness

From: scott () POTEIDAIA NET (Scott Stubbs)
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 16:42:16 -0500

The Sun Bug ID is 4139126.  All patches have been released EXCEPT for
Solaris 2.3 which will be included in the next kernel patch release.
Mike is absolutely correct.

Scott Stubbs

Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 11:37:18 +1000
From: mib () DEAKIN EDU AU
To: BUGTRAQ () NETSPACE ORG
Subject: Re: Sun libnsl lameness

Allanah Myles writes:
This is another perfect example of why Sun should go back into the
hardware design and architecture business, and get OUT of the
OS/software business.  Leave software design to real software
designers.

If anyone had actually bothered to look at Sunsolve or call Sun support
before jumping to rash conclusions they would have realised that Sun
actually fixed these problems some time in June - long before "George
Clooney" posted his diatribe on July 1st.

The only patch I have first hand knowledge of is the 2.5.1 patch, which
is 103612-41, but Sun assure me that similar patches are available for
other releases.

Please, can we have some rational thought on bugtraq?

regards

 - Mike

--
|   Mike Battersby         |   The skill of accurate perception is called   |
|   <mib () deakin edu au>    |   cynicism by those who don't possess it.      |