Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Sendmail up to 8.9.1 - mail.local instroduces new class of

From: sstone () UME PHT CO JP (Scott Stone)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 09:35:12 +0900

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Jeremiah Rothschild wrote:

I run sendmail suid/sgid mail..  Therefore, if hacked, the worst situation
would be losing mail spools.  Doing this has been nicely documented..

Anyone interested should check out www.virtual.net.au/~rjc/sendmail.html

On a related note, sendmail 8.9.0 has its mail.local setuid by default as
well.

# ip