Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Major Security Vulnerabilities in Remote CD Databases

From: itudps () ntx city unisa edu au (itudps)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 14:26:23 +1030

XMCD source is available freely under the GNU Public License, and I have
examined it for possible security problems; some or all of the Windows based
cd players do not have source available and so I am unable to directly
determine if they are vulnerable to similar problems; from a security
standpoint I think it is prudent to assume that they are until there is
evidence to the contrary.

This brings up a related issue: has any work at all been done on buffer
overflows on Windows/95/NT?

--
 Dan Shearer                            email: Dan.Shearer () UniSA edu au
 Information Technology Unit            Phone: +61 8 302 3479