Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Possible Denial of Service: SSH

From: sven () susie sparta lu se (Sven Gestegard)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 23:01:59 +0100

On Wed, 18 Dec 1996, Toomas Soome wrote:

On Tue, 17 Dec 1996, Sean B. Hamor wrote:

 [ snip, snip ]

there is mutch simpler way to block sshd - just force sshd to ask password
in login time, now create connection and let ssh to wait for password....
no one can login with ssh (with or without password) during this wait
time.... tested with 1.2.17

Can anyone confirm this?
I wasn't able to reproduce this on either 1.2.14 or 1.2.17.
I ssh'ed to a host and left that session at the password prompt, and
after that I was still able to ssh into that box, both from localhost and
from a remote host. A quick ps reveals that a new sshd gets spawned for
every connection. Have I missed something?

         /
        / Sven
--
| Sven GestegÄrd                          | sven () df lth se                |
| Studying Computer Science & Technology  | d95sge () efd lth se             |