Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Tracking tools?

From: neill () en com (neill)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 15:32:55 -0400

One thing you might consider. We made a login shell call Csh (looks like
csh in /etc/passwd) that is really a C program that sends me mail and
calls the unix script command. We modified the script binaries to not
print out the "script starting" and "script ending" messages. When the
suspect account logs in with this as their shell, it writes all their
keystrokes to a file. The down side is if they do a w command, they will
see some funny stuff happening on their account.

Anyone else have any keystroke catching ideas?

Gene.