Bugtraq mailing list archives

Very Confused!!

From: mak () mak is ge com (Mohamad A Khatoun)
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 95 11:06:42 CST

I can understand that someone can hijack your session if they
are on your workstation, however, I don't see how they can do
that from somewhere else. I have encountered several situations
in the past where we had a bad Ethernet card on a host which we
had to replace with another while maintaining the same IP address
on the node. We had to wait in some cases hours before the router
can recognize the new card, either that or force the router to dump
its ARP table. Bottom line, if an intruder spoofs your address from
another host, he will not get anyware pass the router. Of course,
as usual, I stand to be corrected.

Cheers,
mak