Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: UUCP/sendmail configs..

From: dwilliss () tnt microimages com (Dave Williss)
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 08:42:25 -0500 (CDT)

In previous message, der Mouse said...

Am currently trying to set up a UUCP to Internet connectivity and am
prompted by this error message below.. seems that the mail didn't
arrive when basing from the message yet IT REALLY DID ARRIVE ..

My understanding is that bugtraq is for discussion of bugs _that impact
security_.

This bug has nothing to do with security as far as I can tell.

I trust you can complete the syllogism. :-)

I will answer the question privately; anyone interested in my answer is
welcome to contact me privately.

While this list may be about security, the name "bugtraq" does not imply
security.  It implies "bugs", and his problem _is_ a bug.  It's an easy
mistake to make.  Especially since this list discusses sendmail bugs so
often, and there is no FAQ.
--
David C. Williss                            #include <standard.disclaimer>
Software Engineer -- MicroImages, Inc.          dwilliss () microimages com