Bugtraq mailing list archives

cat flames >/dev/null

From: doug () goodall goodall com (Douglas W. Goodall)
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 1994 09:04:23 -0700

I am not offended by the content of bugtraq.  I resent all of the
flames from people at educational institutions who don't care if
their mail servers are taken away by federal authorities.

Sysops are held responsible for the data stored on their machines.
I do not want illegal copies of other peoples credit/access info
on my system for any length of time, even in the mail spool.

No one died and made me the chief of the net police.  My remark
about moderating bugtraq was intended cause some focus on the
problem.  I understand that it is very unlikely that the FBI
will arrive at my business and examine my systems, but if I
don't read every incoming mail message completely, and a nasty
message arrives and gets spooled, my otherwise clean legal profile
is then comprimised.  I am sure that I am not the only one who feels
this way.

Just for the record, if I had to vote today, I would vote for bugtraq
to remain un-moderated.  It hasn't caused by sufficient grief yet.
In my original posting, I said "If..."

Thanks for your time

--
 Douglas Goodall, President  | Voice (707) 795-2335   | A Software Engineering
Goodall Software Engineering | Fax   (707) 795-0635   |  Company, Committed to