Bugtraq mailing list archives

How was the majordomo bug found ?

From: vds7789 () aw101 iasl ca boeing com (Vincent D. Skahan)
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 1994 08:51:33 -0700 (PDT)

(Graham Toal writes:)
The correct way to write such programs needs a bit more publicity
I suspect.  I'd knock up a 'how to' except that I'm really up to
my ankles in alligators at the moment and will be for the next month...

Without getting into the details of how long things were known since that
gets into flame bait, I'd kind'a like to hear exactly how the hole(s) were
found to learn better how to set up the appropriate traps to find such things
as soon as they get used...

Was it logging ?
Was it luck ?

--
 ----------- Vince Skahan ------ vds7789 () aw101 iasl ca boeing com -----------
 "All mammals have hair.  Whales are mammals.  Therefore whales have hair."