Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Wall and talkd pass binary data

From: tdarcos () access digex net (Paul Robinson)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 1994 08:08:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 20 Jul 1994, Rich Holland wrote:

you wrote:

The term is 'keyboard redefinition'.
[...]
The ANSI.SYS driver (ANSI.SYS is the terminal control feature which is

This is why I don't run ANSI.SYS unless I need to for a specific application.

unpacked.  As a result, this can cause all sorts of nasty problems.  To
compensate for this, new versions of PKUNZIP default to not generating
ANSI codes unless enabled, and at least one release of a replacement
ANSI.SYS driver (note: NOT FROM MICROSOFT OR IBM) that does not provide
keyboard remapping is available.

Do you have a pointer to where I can get a copy of this new driver?

Check NANSI (NANSI.ZIP on Wuarchive) or PKSFANSI which may or may not be
part of the PKZIP archive.

Reports on Security Problems: To Subscribe write PROBLEMS-REQUEST () TDR COM
Paul Robinson - paul () tdr com / tdarcos () MCIMail com / tdarcos () access digex net
Voted "Largest Polluter of the (IETF) list" by Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Voted "Largest Polluter of digex.general" by Mike <voss () orange digex net>