Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Race condition

From: chris () rivers dra hmg gb (Christopher Samuel)
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 1994 17:19:56 +0000

In message <Pine.AUX.3.90.941209142921.634A-100000 () samt709 sandia gov>,
        "Declan A. Rieb" <darieb () sandia gov> writes:

The symlink file (./a) was successfully built under A/UX 3.0.2 using
Christopher Samuel's "noddy" program.

Oops - I should have pointed out that you needed to have a symlink
called ./a which pointed to a non-existant file, and then you check to
see if that's been created.

Actually, the program should have done it all for you, I'll see what I
can do about remedying that if I get some time..

(p.s. "noddy" means what in 'merkun, please?)

Oops - Noddy was the central character in a childrens animation series
over here in the UK when I was a kid. It's come to mean simple and
easy to understand nowadays.

thanks,
Chris
--
 Christopher Samuel     Phone:  +44 1684 894644       chris () rivers dra hmg gb
 N-115, Defence Research Agency,  St Andrews Road, Great Malvern, England, UK