Bugtraq mailing list archives

mmdf vs sendmail? (was: Re: UnixWare)

From: lcbginge () antelope wcc edu (Bruce Gingery)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 12:18:53 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 27 Apr 1994 17:09:41 -0400 (EDT), Bennett Todd wrote:

Scott Schwartz writes:
| needlessly running with root privileges (like sendmail).
You think pipes in .forward files should be disallowed, then?

Errh, I think Perry objects (as does everybody else I've ever spoken to) to
having a big, complex, hairy, MONOLITHIC sendmail. The functionality it
performs ought to be broken down into smaller, simpler modules.

   That's just the way mmdf works.  Anyone on here have any experience
   setting up and administering it?  Looks like a good alternative.

        Bruce Gingery

---
        bruce () TotSysSoft com
        lcbginge () antelope wcc edu