Bugtraq mailing list archives

HP

From: karyn () cheetah llnl gov (Karyn Pichnarczyk)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 13:46:25 -0700

   Nor do they distribute their announcements to CERT/CIAC/FIRST/etc.
   redistribution through those mailing lists.

   I think HP *is* getting better.  But they've got a ways to go.

   --Dave

CIAC is on the HP security mailing list.  If anyone wants to get on
it, I've included the blurb from the bottom of one of their bulletins
in this message.

CIAC intends to put out a bulletin on HP's latest security patch
announcement.  The wait is because we are trying to find out more
about the problem beyond what is in their announcement, which
basically said "theres a security problem, here's the announcement of
the fix".

Karyn Pichnarczyk
CIAC Team
from the HP SupportLine mail service via electronic mail, send the
following in the TEXT PORTION OF THE MESSAGE to
support () support mayfield hp com (no Subject is required):

   subscribe security_info

To retrieve the index of all HP Security Bulletins, send the following:

   send security_info_list

To obtain a copy of the HP SupportLine mail service user's guide,
send the following:

   send guide.txt

For security concerns, write to:

        security-alert () hp com