Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: UnixWare

From: ccdes () ccdes princeton nj us (Carl Corey)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 09:22:40 -0500

If you are using a commercial system like UnixWare, then what the heck
is wrong with your vendor that they aren't responding quickly?
[...]
Sun Microsystems is the only vendor which has
provided support for our work; I note they are also one of the few
Unix vendors with active, visible internal research, accessible
response personnel, and who make a real attempt to widely-publicize
fixes in a timely manner -- without charge, too.  They aren't perfect,
but they're trying.  Can the same be said about *your* vendor?  And if
not, why are you giving them your business?

Hmm, not really sure.  Something to do with one of the purchasers liking
Novell.  Unfortunately, it wasn't my decision.  I even suggested Linux.

cc