Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: When some is infected?

From: ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo () zoho com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 18:11:01 -0700

On 10/11/2013 04:28 AM, Chris Hurst wrote:
Wireshark takes a lot of knowledge and familiarity. It would be better
suited for trying to find out what was being sent to the C&C server if
you found a bot. Generally, running "netstat -n" in a cmd primpt, then
checking the foreign addressess the computer is connected to will
suffice. You can enter in the addresses in HE.NET <http://HE.NET> BGP
tool to get some information on the IP address. If you find something
you think is suspicious, you can run "netstat -ano" and see the PID for
the process that has the connection open.

-Chris

Thank you!

And there is a netstat is windows too.

-T

--
Computers are like air conditioners.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1