Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Eliminate iframes

From: Andre Silaghi <andre.silaghi () googlemail com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 07:48:53 +0200

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your answers here. Well no I do not have any
websites including iframes but I want to prevent further infections of
my users which will visit infected websites perhaps. And yes I need
something more centralized like just one point of configuration and
every user behind is protected by the service. I will have a look at
IPCop and McAfee Web Gateway.

But I really do not want to block the entire websites because it is
just the malicious iframe. And many page owners do not even know that
their website has been compromised. The only "useful" iframes seems to
me to be the "Like" and "+1" buttons but the user will not need any
social network connections here.

It would be good to know if the iframes are used in such an important
way for the content of a webpage that you can't get rid of them.

best regards!

2013/6/22 Jaeschke, Samuel (Port Augusta Secondary School)