Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Linux Web Server Hardening (LAMP + Wiki)

From: Eric Furman <ericfurman () fastmail net>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 19:13:25 -0500

My point was that Microsoft has fixed the security issues with their
windows system while X has refused to even acknowledge there
is a problem. It was to back up my point about how even Microsoft
has taken security more seriously than Linux.
And yes, my initial email was a troll, but it did not change the fact
that
it is true. Security is an attitude. It is not something added after the
fact.
And the prevalent attitude toward security in the vast majority of the
Linux
community is indifference at best and open hostility at worst.
(top posting just to annoy Mr. Wiechers)