Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: ROI data

From: "gig" <gigabit () satx rr com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 22:55:14 -0500

Gordan,

To answer you directly, no I don't have ROI data. It seems to me that would be an extreme reach to claim ROI on the functions you mentioned.

I'm responding to your post because I was able to create two IT Security Architects positions using the issue of regulatory compliance as a driver. I started with a realistic Information Security Program gap analysis and simply outlined our deficiencies to management.

"you want these problems fixed, i'll need these types of positions to get it done"...and it worked.

To help you more fully requires an understanding of many things....your own title, your company business, size of current staff...even reporting structure is important. (a concern for our company was the difference between enterprise architects and security architects)

good luck!

----- Original Message ----- From: <grmerrill () epbfi com>