Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: 2 firewalls protecting internal network

From: "Ferreira, Steve G." <sferreira () mitre org>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 16:56:54 +0000

It adds resilience, with the model of fw-fw-network Š One firewall vendor
may be vulnerable to a particular malware and another may not.  It is
somewhat impractical thouŠ I have seen banks implement this architecture
for some of their mission critical apps.  It is not practical for large
scale deployments and adds little value a lot of complexity in my
opinion...
--
Steve Ferreira

MITRE CORP