Security Basics mailing list archives

Basic SSL Cert & Windows 2008 Help

From: absolutezero273c () gmail com
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 20:28:44 GMT

I'm new to SSL Certs and new to installing/importing/managing in Windows 2008. I'm trying to figure out how to
install/import a newly created Verified Class 2 digital SSL Certificate to use with my Exchange OWA but am getting no
where fast.

I may have done this backwards but I generated or created my SSL certificate on the the vendor's website without
already having a certificate request to use from my CA.

I've been trying to follow numerous directions from the vendor and from Microsoft (
http://technet.microsoft.com/library/dd362553.aspx) but can't seem to find any good steps to follow.

So right now can anyone explain to me or lead me to documentation that can help me to understand the process? And is
there anyway I can cheat the Microsoft system using the above directions and use my previously created SSL cert?

Thank you.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1