Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: SIEM Use Cases

From: "Platt, Mario, Vodafone UK" <mario.platt () vodafone com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 08:41:48 +0000

Hey,

I would tell you to get "The Tao of Network Security Monitoring: Beyond Intrusion Detection" book by Richard Bejtlich.
It's a great book on the subject, but as there stated for effective SIEM correlation and results you should try to find
a balance between: statistical data, full content data and intrusion detection. The book is a true must read for anyone
working with SIEM, in order to maximize your "bang for buck".

cheers