Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: No Budget Static Log Analysis

From: Dave Kleiman <dave () davekleiman com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 12:21:12 -0500

Hello Steve,

There are a wide variety of excellent log  tools, Logstash, Splunk. Sawmill, etc. as previously mentioned.  If you
decide to use Log Parser you can create a toolbox of scripts and have them ready:

Some like:

SELECT time,
       date,
       cs-uri-stem,
       c-ip
INTO ISAlertByIP.csv
FROM ex*.log
WHERE
       (cs-uri-stem LIKE '%ALERT%')
       AND
       (IPV4_TO_INT(c-ip) BETWEEN IPV4_TO_INT('192.168.0.0') AND IPV4_TO_INT('192.168.255.255'))
GROUP BY c-ip,time,date,cs-uri-stem

Save as IISAlertByIP.sql  and call it from the logparser dir.  Logparser file: IISAlertByIP.sql

I have a bunch of scripts you might find handy on my site:
http://www.computerforensicsllc.com/computer-forensics-expert-florida-miami-palm-beach-lauderdale-dave-kleiman-forensic-training-files/

Feel free to ping me with any questions,

Respectfully,

Dave Kleiman - http://www.ComputerForensicsLLC.com - http://www.computerforensicsexpertwitnesses.com/

4371 Northlake Blvd #314
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410